The history of a Group and an Italian business that have created “big” small domestic appliances beloved around the world.
The first product created by De’Longhi is an oil-filled radiator which would go on to achieve massive success. Designed to meet the energy needs of households in the face of the first oil crisis, the radiator quickly becomes popular and finds its way into the 莱特币交易平台_LTC期货合约交homes of millions of people.
The range expands and, product after product, the brand achieves growing success and recognition. From radiators through electric fan heaters to catalytic stoves, the level of efficiency and innovation becomes the hallmark of De’ Longhi's solutions.
The 1980s see a period of expansion and investments in the Group's image. The De’ Longhi brand is launched globally through major sponsorships, including that of the Lotus driven by the legendary Ayrton Senna in 86-87 and 87-88 seasons.
1986 is the year the Group launches Pinguino, which makes its way into the 莱特币交易平台_LTC期货合约交homes of millions of people with its design and functionality. A byword for portable air conditioning, Pinguino becomes a bona fide icon of De’ Longhi's offerings.
It was in the early 1980s that De’ Longhi started marketing his products in the United States. The success is such that in 1985 the first foreign branch was opened in New York, based in the Empire State Building.
Acquisition of Kenwood, a brand well-known worldwide for its great specialization in household appliances for food preparation, and Ariete, with products for the kitchen, 莱特币交易平台_LTC期货合约交home cleaning and ironing.
The new millennium begins with an event that marks and celebrates the company's outstanding growth: in 2001, De’ Longhi's shares start trading on Milan's stock exchange.
De’ Longhi's debut in the coffee machine sector occurred in 1993 with a pump model, followed in 2003 by the launch on the market of the first super-automatic machine: Magnifica. The technological innovation of the machines gained a strong interest in consumers and beyond. In 2004 a historic agreement was signed with Nespresso for the distribution of capsule coffee machines.
This agreement will lead in 2007 to the launch of Lattissima, produced in the Group's factories and born to become a point of reference in the sector of espresso coffee machines.
The establishment of a Joint Venture with TCL, a Chinese listed company and leader in its sector, for the production of air conditioners and dehumidifiers has been finalized; the joint venture involves the construction of a new factory in Nangtu, in the province of Zongshang / Guandong, for a total area of around 20,000 sq m. In this way, the Group's leadership in the global portable air conditioning market is strengthened.
From the beginning, De ’Longhi has presented unique innovations in coffee machines: the IFD (Instant Froth Dispenser) patent dates back to 1995, the first step in the development of automatic cappuccino technology. A beginning that anticipates a an exceptional expansion and a strong progression: in 2007, just four years after the launch of Magnifica (the first super-automatic machine), De ’Longhi established himself as the market leader in that segment.
In 2012 Braun, and specifically its household products, join the Group.
Already the global leader in immersion blenders, as part of the Group Braun continues growing steadily in the food preparation and ironing segments.
De’ Longhi finalises an agreement to acquire 40% of the Swiss Group Eversys, with an option to purchase the remaining 60%. The deal marks the De’ Longhi Group's entry into the market for professional espresso coffee machines, with a focus on super automatic models and technological product innovation.
Acquisition of Capital Brands Holdings Inc., an american company, global leader in the personal blenders segment with the Nutribullet® and Magic Bullet® brands.